Open Data Discussions: Discussing Open Data in Greensboro with Jason Marshall
Welcome to the OpenDataSoft Leadership Podcast Series, “Open Data Discussions”. Each month, we feature a different Open Data program around the country to discuss what has made it successful. These examples will provide insights and strategies that you can implement in your own city.
We had the pleasure of welcoming Jason Marshall, Greensboro Senior Application Developer and Open Data Program Manager, for the second podcast in our series.
Jason discussed various subjects, including:
– What role does open data play in policy making in Grensboro?
– How much time do you spend ensuring the quality of your open data?
– The distinctions between GIS interfaces and other data types.
– The “Open Gate City”, Greenboro’s effort to improve transparency, community engagement, and innovation through open data.
– The Civil Analytics Network’s Open Letter to the Open Data Community.
Don’t forget to visit the OpenDataSoft blog for more data-related content and sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date on OpenDataSoft news, including how to get our next podcast!
Special Guest: Jason Marshall, Greensboro Senior Application Developer and Open Data Program Manager
Organizer: Jason Hare, Open Data Evangelist
Music: “So Low” by Art of Escapism is licensed under CC BY SA
Why Open Data?
If you’re still asking yourself questions about what your city can accomplish with an Open Data program, download our e-book! Chief Data Officer Nicolas Terpolilli provides you with endless insights to help answer that question.