Published on 28.01.2022
Choosing the right metadata
Discover our standard template composed of 20 metadata. These attributes are grouped into 6 categories according to the famous questioning method used by journalists: the 5W1H.
- What is the dataset about?
- Who created it?
- Why does the dataset exist?
- How can the dataset be used?
- What is the dataset’s time frame?
- What is the spatial coverage of the dataset?
Hundreds of metadata attributes can be used to describe a single dataset. The purpose of this guide is not to describe them all, but to provide you with a compact list of essential attributes to help you share your data.