OpenDataSoft (ODS to those who know us well) is in the business of helping companies, cities and towns, and government organizations share and leverage their data, through open data portals (City of Paris, French National Rail Company, French Ministry of Higher Education & Research), internally with data hubs (Total, Veolia) or both at the same time! While we mainly operate in France, we’re now expanding and have new clients popping up in the United States, Sweden, Portugal and the Middle East!
We develop and sell as SaaS software solution enabling users to collect, process and share any data online, and then to browse, visualize and download said data. What’s really great about our solution is that we package all of these features into an easy-to-use and attractive interface that eliminates (for the users) any underlying technical challenges. It’s so easy that anybody can share information in a few clicks, and advanced users can precisely tune their security settings and build rich and dynamic dashboards. Developers can even use our APIs to feed their own applications.
Our long-term goal is to build a global data network that’s both simple to browse and makes data easy to discover in order to enable individuals and companies alike to build relevant analysis and innovative services. Thus, we’re following closely all Open Data initiatives as demonstrated by our comprehensive map of the world’s Open Data portals.
Our 40-person team (20 in R&D) works cozily in the 15th district of Paris, in an open space office that frequently sees nerf darts and blue bouncing balls flying around, proof that we embody certain startup clichés. While we sometimes gather at the local pizzeria for lunch (granted, we go a bit more often to the local pub after work), we prefer to spend our lunch break (each to his or her own taste) exploring the district’s rich culinary options (we do work in Paris, after all). We also go to the neighborhood swimming pool or play basketball.
Finally, we do care deeply about the quality of our work! However, we are no stakhanovists. We’re flexible with working hours and vacation days, we provide our employees with a great working environment (spacious office space, sitting and standing desks, dual-screen setups, new and powerful laptops) and our office manager (who isn’t easily shaken) meets with each of us at least twice a year to make sure our wildest demands are met.
Send your resume through the form at the end of this page and state the position you’re applying to. No need for a formal cover letter, but you should include in your message different projects and experiences (they don’t have to be professional either!) relevant to the position.
Have a look at our open positions on our dedicated jobs platform.
Business Development Manager / Boston, MA
OpenDataSoft is a fast-growing, best-in-class technology startup that is helping Governments use their data to drive transparency, efficiency and accountability.
We are looking for an energetic self-starter, passionate about Government and Technology, who is proactive in driving new revenue and increasing our client base. The ideal candidate is results-driven, has strong and natural sales talents, and is committed to creating new business opportunities. OpenDataSoft is backed top-tier investors, including SalesForce Ventures and Aster Capital.
- Drive entire sales cycle from prospecting to deal closing
- Grow business within assigned territory
- Quickly develop thorough knowledge of company product and client verticals, including local, state, federal governments, smart city operators, utilities, transportation agencies
- Accurately forecast, track, and report revenue
- Maintain a high volume of daily prospecting calls helped with our SDR team
- Deliver phone/on site demonstration for each client.
- Past experience providing solutions/sales/software into the public sector/government is highly desired
- Two to seven years of experience selling technology with documented results
- Passionate about selling technology and what it can do for society
- The ability to learn to speak with senior executives in Governments
- Self-motivated, creative, results driven, solution oriented
- Solid computer skills including Salesforce or comparable CRM
- Excellent references (recent and relevant) from both former clients and employers.
This job is based in Boston, MA in the USA.
Marketing Associate / Boston, MA
OpenDataSoft creates data portals for cities, local governments and companies of all sizes, who are continually expanding their data initiatives. Its second-generation open data platform is fast to ramp-up and intuitive to use, and transforms data into services without requiring technical expertise. Headquartered in Boston, MA, and Paris, France, OpenDataSoft already powers open data portals for many municipalities and agencies worldwide – including the North Carolina Department of Commerce, the City of Paris, the Ministry of Health in Portugal and the Swiss National Railways.
The Marketing Associate is responsible for a broad range of marketing tasks including content creation, email management, event coordination, lead generation & website management. This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail and project management skills.
This is a full-time position.
- Manage all aspects of eMarketing campaigns: campaign creation, workflows improvements, leads tracking and communication with the sales team
- Generate Awareness through content creation (website page, guides, eBooks, webinars, podcasts, infographics, etc)
- Manage Northern American Social Media channels in coordination with the EMEA team. (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin etc.)
- Assist with trade shows and events coordination
- Collaborate with CRM team to ensure sales goals are met
- Report your actions to your company peers with relevant KPIs & tools
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business’ various types of content
- Experience using Hubspot or a similar Marketing Automation System
- Experience using WordPress or a similar CMS system
- Efficiently work under pressure, deadlines, and stretch to complete assigned tasks
- Exhibits great creativity and resourcefulness
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate insight and ideas effectively
- Analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize/scale blog marketing strategies and tactics
- SEO experience and knowledge preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, journalism or communications
- 2+ years of related experience
This job is based in Boston, MA.
Not able to find the right position for you but would like to work with us? Go ahead and send us your application if you’re interested in web application development or would like to contribute to our data-collecting framework.
Send your resume through the form below or poke us on Twitter.