Our future is urban.
Cities are home to more than 75% of Australians, and where almost 80% of economic activities occur and where jobs grow. In 2017, the $50 million Smart Cities and Suburbs Program was initiated to support smart cities, regions, and towns across the country. Eighty-one projects have been funded in total.
This practical guide will not be about distant concepts or futuristic ideas. This guide is all about these concrete, existing use cases, where local city councils have already taken the first step towards improving the quality of life of their citizens with data-driven initiatives. Learn about:
- Smart City, in the City of Greater Geelong;
- Smart Tourism, by Randwick City Council;
- Smart Rural Community, by the Southern Grampians Shire Council;
- Smart Governance, with Western Sydney Parkland;
- Smart Environment, by the City of Ballarat and Eurobodalla Shire;
From IoT to data sharing to public engagement, these concrete initiatives show the diverse benefits that can be derived from data projects at the local level.
Download the full 8-page white paper and read about these amazing projects!